Christmas is said to be the most celebrated among other holidays. Giving Christmas cards, Christmas gifts and Christmas wishes and greetings are the most common thing that we do during this season. In this way, we can express our gratitude and care for them.
Among the other Christmas gift that you can give to someone, the handmade Christmas gift is I think the best choice, know why?, because you can customize it by your own designs, and at the same time it can develop your creativity and moreover the most important thing; it can be more appreciate by your recipient. You can make your own handmade Christmas gift in the form of Christmas hampers, Christmas gifts basket, Christmas cards, and many more. Additionally, aside from those advantages of choosing the handmade Christmas gift above, this may also make your holiday season more exciting and enjoyable.
If you are looking for ideas in choosing and making a handmade Christmas gift that you can give to someone, you can consider some of the examples and ideas underneath.
photograph by Lee Jordan on Flickr
Handmade Christmas Gifts Ideas
Accessories: This is a great choice of handmade Christmas gift especially for girls. By the use of some simple and economical beads and other materials, you can create your own accessories like bracelet, necklace and other that you can give to someone this Christmas.
Christmas tree and Christmas Wreath: Since Christmas tree and Christmas wreath are common things that signify Christmas; you can also use this as your Christmas gifts. Aside from buying them to some shops and department stores, you can create your own and customize it by your own designs.
photograph by lkonstanski on flickr
Garments: This is also a best choice, especially to those people that know how to sew. In just little yards of fabric, you can sew and customize your own dress that you know that your recipient will like and enjoy.
Homemade Food: Cook your own dishes or maybe bake your own cookies and cakes, I think it is a fun activity during Christmas season. Do you know that these foods can be also a great choice as your Christmas gift to someone? You can try it this Christmas and I’m sure it will love it by your recipients.
Christmas Gift Basket: Aside from purchasing ready to give Christmas gift basket available in market and other gift shop, you can make and decorate your own as your Christmas present this year. Customize your own arrangement of Christmas gift basket to add more personal touch to your gift this Christmas. Christmas gift basket can be assortment of groceries, soap, wine, school and office supplies and many more, it depends on you.
Christmas Cards: Make and customize your own Christmas card, I think this is a great activity that you can do during Christmas season and not only that, you can use this as your Christmas gift to someone you owe and thankful for this Christmas. To make it more special, you can personalize it with some photos of you and your recipient together.
Examples with Procedures of a Handmade Christmas Gift
Here is some sort of examples about making a handmade Christmas gift. You can also do this at your home and I’m sure it is easy and quick to create so try it this Christmas to enjoy more of your holiday season.
Handmade Christmas Candles
Make your own handmade candles by the use of some simple recyclable materials and make it a new one that you can display or maybe use as your present to someone this Christmas.
- Container or molder
- Old candles
- Assorted Crayons
- Coffee tin
- Cotton string
- Small can
- Cut from the cotton strings about 3 inches long that serve as the wick of the candle. Remember, the measure of the wick is based on the size of our ideal candle to make, and in this example I just cut 3 inches long.
- Prepare the container that you wish to be your candle’s jar. Remember, the size and shape of the candle is based on your container used. Make sure that the container’s inside is fully dry. Then wipe a little amount of oil inside the jar in order for you to come out the candle into the jar in case you fully finish the brazing process. But, if you don’t have a plan to remove out the candle into that jar, you don’t need oil instead.
- Next step is put your crock with a half of water with it into the stove. Then, put the small can inside the crock followed by the old candles, this time inside the small can. If you want a different color in your candle, you can put some assorted of crayons to it.
- When the candles and crayons (if have) are melted into liquid then its time for the pouring process. Pour the liquid candle into the container or molder.
- Quickly put the 3 inch long cotton string that are cut a while a go into the center of the container which contains the liquid candle then wait until it is totally solidify.
- Lastly, you can now remove the candle into the container the cut the excess string if any. At that time, you can now add your design into it like ribbon, small ornaments and many more.
Handmade Christmas Cards
This is one of the examples about making your own Christmas card, aside from the fact that it is easy and quick to make , it is also a less worry for you about the financial matter because it is a less expensive yet great gift to someone.
- Blank card in any color
- Pencil or marker
- Draw the design you want to appear as your Christmas card’s front design.
- Using glue, trace the design that you sketch a while ago. Then sprinkle the glitters into it.
- Next step is diagonally place the card in order to remove the excess glitters and wait for a minute until the glue is totally dry.
- At this moment, you can now put your messages inside that serve as your greetings for your recipient this Christmas.
- Finally, you can now place it to an envelope and you can now give it to someone you want.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is a simple recipe of a chocolate cookies that you can try this Christmas season, you can serve it to your family and even use as your gift to your friends and colleagues.
- 50 grams of chocolate chips
- 100 grams of brown sugar
- 150 grams of self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 100 grams of softened margarine
- 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- First step is to preheat the oven from about 160°C to 170°C.
- Next is beat the mixture of brown sugar, honey and margarine until it become a creamy and soft.
- After that, mix up the chocolate chips, vanilla and flour together with the mixture that we made a while ago which is the combination of brown sugar, honey and margarine. Then using your hands, mold about 15 pieces of it into a circular shape.
- Put the circular-shape mixture into a greasy baking sheet.
- At that time, you can now put the baking sheet into the oven and wait for until 9-10 minutes until it turn into a light golden color.
- Lastly, remove the baking sheet into the oven then leave it in an open space until it is finally cooled and ready to serve.