Who can resist a sweet, chocolate Christmas treat? I personally love chocolates so I have to make sure I’ll have chocolate dessert for this coming Christmas Day. So let’s cook this rich chocolate Christmas candy for adults. You can give this to your parents, grandparents, family friends and relatives. So, let’s start.
- 1 cup chocolates (chopped or slightly ground)
- ½ cup of Rum
- 1 cup of nuts (finely chopped)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 ½ cups of wafer (crushed)
1. Melt the chocolate. You can microwave it or use the old-school procedure (stove-top heating process)
2. Add the rum and corn syrup on a melted chocolate and mix well.
3. Then, add the crushed wafers to the mixture together with the chopped nuts and half cup of sugar. Refrigerate the mixture to harden – about an hour or two.
4. Once it is ready to shape, scoop a teaspoon mixture of candy and roll it into balls using your palms.
5. On a separate plate, spread the remaining sugar. Roll the balls into it until the balls are completely covered with sugar. (You can use cocoa powder or preferred nuts as an alternative to cover the balls)
6. Set the balls in airtight container to refrigerate. It is best served after 2 to 3 weeks as many people love the taste of aged rum balls.