Christmas is the biggest festival in the world and people celebrate it with Dinner, prayer and party. Christmas Candy has become an unavoidable part of Christmas and candies like Peppermint Christmas Candy, and Candy Canes is really popular
Kids love candies and parents find it very tough to stop them from having candies. Some parents even buy a Christmas gift baskets and chocolate Christmas hampers on Christmas just to indulge their kids. The Candy cane-shaped breadsticks are the best solution for this issue. Kids will never come to know that they are not having candies, and parents can be calm as their kids are having something nutritional. Additionally, these breadstick candies can also be served as Christmas party favors for kids on Christmas eve!
The recipe issued in The Spokesman-Review by Kris Mcllvenna of Greebriar Catering is the origin of this bread sticks. The recipe was published in December 2009. The breadsticks are bent like candy canes, so that kids will feel like they are having their favorite candies. Not only, the look but the taste of the breadsticks is also similar to a candy. Be ready to enjoy this Christmas with delicious Cane-shaped breadsticks.
Christmas Breadstick Candy Recipe
Time needed for preparation: 10 minutes
Time for Cooking: 15 minutes
Total Time Needed: 25 minutes
- Quarter tea spoon of salt
- One tea spoon of Parmesan or Romano Cheese
- 10 ounce of Puff Pastry Sheets
- One Tea spoon of Poppy seeds, cumin, caraway, sesame seed (Optional, as per your taste)
- Oven should be preheated to 350 degrees and then unroll the baking sheet with some oil.
- Salt and cheese should be brushed over the top of the puff pastry dough.
- The Pastry sheets should be cut down into thin and long slices. These slices should be twisted to get swirled pattern. Long strips should be shaped like candy cane and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake these strips for about 10 to 15 minutes until it turns light gold in color.
- For better look and taste, you can spray some poppy seeds or other seeds, salt and cheese can be added as per the taste.
- For the style, you can use red and white platters to serve this breadsticks, tall glass or vase are also very good options if it is available with you.
- Bake some breadstick cake recipes and put them on a jar. Decorate the jar with ribbons and use as your Christmas party favor.
- You can also put these candies in a sealed plastic container and arrange them into Christmas candy gift basket and give to your relatives on Christmas day.