If you are wondering what to serve with your Christmas pudding, why not consider orange marmalade. It is easy to prepare and the rich sauce will definitely make your pudding even more delicious. It is also great for chocolate desserts and fruitcakes.
Preparation time: 5 min
Cooking time: 5 min
- 150g marmalade
- 1½ oranges (thinly grated zest and the juice squeezed)
- 3 tbsp whisky
How To Prepare the Orange Marmalade
1. Put the ingredients above on a small pan or saucepan and heat. Make sure it is heat gently to prevent burning, just enough to melt the marmalade.
2. Boil the sauce for 20 seconds or just enough to burn off the whisky.
3. Add water, just a little to adjust sauce thickness. If you want to make your orange, a little more saucy then adding more water will do it.
4. Remove the saucepan from the heat and then serve.
Tips: For those who do want alcohol in their orange marmalade, replace it with 1 tsp dark brown sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and 3 tbs water.