Although it looks simple, there are many different ways that are written on how to prepare the perfect mashed potatoes.
In this recipe, we will bring additional tastes to the usual creamy potatoes – sour cream, cheese, cream cheese, bacon, and some spices – giving them festive colors just in time for the holidays!
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 25 minutes
- 10 pcs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- 200 g cream cheese
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 3 pcs green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 100 g cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 pcs bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. Put the potatoes in a large pan of water and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to medium high and cook for about 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are tender, then drain.
2. Mash potatoes with a potato masher.
3. Add in the butter, sour cream, cream cheese, onion powder, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the potatoes.
4. Beat the mixture with an electric mixer, adding a little milk at a time until creamy.
5. Lightly grease your container pan before spooning the potato mixture into it. Top with onions and bacon and serve.
- If you want to set the dish aside for later consumption, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. When reheating, take it out from the fridge and let it stand for 30 minutes before baking at 350 degrees for an hour.
- The best potatoes for mashing are the waxy ones, which have medium starch and medium water and are fluffy and moist when cooked.