A quick almond bar recipe for those looking for a heavier cookie. Best served as dessert and together with Christmas drinks like fruit shakes and such.
Yields 30 bars
20 minutes prep.
25 minutes baking
10 minutes cooling.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 tsp. almond extract
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
1. Warm oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Whip butter and 1/2 cup sugar until airy.
3. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts, egg yolk, and salt.
4. Add flour and stir well. Pour mixture into a 10″ pan.
5. Whip egg white stiff. Beat in the cinnamon and extra sugar.
6. Mix in almonds and cover the base layer in the pan.
7. Bake for 25 minutes.
8. Let cool for 10 minutes then cut into bars.