Sweet coconut treats perfect for any time of year. This Christmas treat is best served on Christmas Eve for kids and family members. Your kids would surely love the sweet and yummy coconut and chocolate blend of macaroons. Yields about 18 chocolate macaroons
10 minutes prep.
20 minutes cooking.
- 2-2/3 Tbs. melted chocolate (semi-sweet)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 3 Tbs. flour
1. Warm oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix sugar, flour, salt, and coconut in bowl.
3. Blend almond extract and egg whites into the mix.
4. Whisk in melted semi-sweet chocolate.
5. Drop on to baking sheet (greased) a tablespoon at a time.
6. Bake 20 minutes or until edges are golden.
7. Remove from tray and place on a cooling rack.