Want something new to decorate your Christmas tree? Why not make a homemade reindeer ornaments craft with the kids? Together with wrapping Christmas gifts and preparing Christmas hampers and gift baskets, making a simple craft can be a fun activity during Christmas days. So, making your own reindeer to put on your tree this Christmas will not just save you some money. At the same time, it will also give you some bonding time with your little ones. It’s so easy even your 4-year-old kid can do it! So let’s start with this Christmas craft for kids – the Reindeer ornament!
How to Make A Reindeer Ornament
- ¼ sheet craft foam, light brown
- 2 pcs wiggle eyes
- 2 pcs chenille sticks, glitter gold
- 1 pc pom pom, red glitter
- 6 inches ribbon
1. Cut two teardrop shapes from the craft foam. This will be the head. Cut a small oval and cut it lengthwise to serve as the ears.
2. Bend the chenille sticks halfway and twist and curve them to form antlers.
3. Glue the reindeer ears to the round end of one of the tear drops, and then glue the antlers next. Glue the two ends of the ribbon between the antlers to serve as the hanger. Then, glue the other teardrop to its partner, sandwiching the other parts in between.
4. Glue the eyes on the round end and the pom pom to the pointy end (this becomes the nose). Allow the glue to dry completely.
– Use a glue gun to better stick the parts.
– Make sure that the strings are attached securely so it won’t fall when hanged in your Christmas tree.
– This kind of craft can also be used as designs to your christmas gifts and hampers. You can tie the covers for gift baskets using this ornament.