With the holiday season coming up, there must be a million things on your mind. While we can’t help you with everything but leave it to us for gift ideas for your grandparents. When you’re looking for something to get your grandparents, nothing’s better than a thoughtful gift that won’t break your bank. Since they already have everything they need, something sentimental and heartwarming is the way to go.
30 Unique Christmas Gift Ideas For Grandparents
So today we’re going to share with you all the ultimate list of gift ideas for your dear old grandparents.
Display the descent of your family through a very creative and well-structured family tree. Grandparents love a reminder of the beautiful family they have created who love and care for them.
A counter board like this would make such a thoughtful yet funny gift for your grandparents. Use old pieces of cardboard, paint them all over and make a board like so. Make a counter for your family and they’ll love having it at their place.
Get crafty and make a beautiful wall hanging board like so. This will remind them every day of the sweet gesture and they will very much appreciate it.
Does your grandma love to knit? If yes then a knitting bowl will again be an amazing gift for her. Also every time she’ll knit something, she’ll instantly think of you.
Gather all your childhood pictures and turn it into an album. Add some captions or little stories you remember about that time. This will not only help them reminisce about the past but also touch their hearts.
You want to gift them something silly and adorable at the same time, make a wall hanging portrait of yourself. Use a picture for reference and hand paint it. They will very much appreciate your efforts.
Women love jewelry and I’m sure so does your grandma. So go get a beautiful necklace or a pendant, the type you know your grandma likes and get it customized. Get something carved or use your sharpie.
If you’re the crafty type, you will love this and so will your grandparents. Make a scrapbook and include all the little happy memories you have of your childhood with them. Also add a lot of pictures and messages for them to read.
Hand Designed Pots
If your grandparents love gardening, get a couple pots and paint them. You could write a little something or draw, really whatever you like. Grandparents love personalized thoughtful gifts.
If you’re DIY person, you’ll enjoy making this gift just as much as your grandparents will, having it. Make a wreath and decorate it with season flowers, bells, basically whatever you like.
Christmas is usually the occasion for loved ones to reunite. It is when we express how much we care and love those who surround us by giving them thoughtful gifts, as well as Yuletide greetings. Every year, we never fail to do this because we want to show how much we value our friends and family. And so, when it is time to choose what kind of gifts to give out this year, we recount whom we are supposed to give them to.
For the Christmas gift list, who can ever forget to list our grandparents? They play such a vital role in our life that we must put extra effort into the gifts we will get them. Below are some Christmas gift ideas for grandparents that may help you when shopping for Christmas gifts and Christmas hamper baskets for them.
More Christmas Gift Ideas for Grandparents
- Rocking Chair – With old age comes the never ending craving for relaxation so for this Christmas, buy your grandparents an elegant rocking chair where they can be comfortable and relaxed every chance they get. There are different types to choose from—with leg rest, back massager, cushions etcetera, so you’ll surely not have a hard time choosing the perfect one for your grandparents.
- Foot Massager – After such a hectic and tiring day, nothing beats a relaxing foot massage, especially if you aren’t as strong as you were before. You really need a massage here and there so for this holiday, gift your grandparents a foot massager that they will definitely love. Make sure it is easy to control and operate. Grandparents may not be that much adept at the new technology, so don’t stress them just so they can start to relax! This gift will show them how much you care for their welfare and how much you love them as well.
- Christmas Food Hamper – Although in their age, food might seem not a good Christmas gift. However, if you would like to make your gift as personal as possible, you can choose the foods their love to eat and have this Christmas. Pack them in a Christmas hamper and decorate with ribbons. This can be a practical Christmas gift idea for them.
- Collection of Their Favorite Movies and Music – Want another nice Christmas gift ideas for your grandparents? Compile different movies or music that your grandparents love. Your grandparents will surely appreciate the thoughtfulness you have put into the Christmas gift and the effort for collecting them all for them.
- Scrapbook – No matter how old your grandparents get, scrapbooks with different photos and memorabilia will immortalize the memories for them. This Christmas gift idea is also a universal one so you do not have to worry about getting separate Christmas gifts for your grandparents. Fill it with photos and stuff you’re sure they will love to look at and reminisce on.
- Personalized Christmas Photo – Since your grandparents are part of your ancestors, make this Christmas extra special by preparing a chart showing their connection to you, as well as to their own ancestors. Branch it out and make an elegant Christmas tree card with pictures. They will surely appreciate your effort to personalize your family tree, with a touch of Christmas, and show the history of how you came about. You can add pictures of family photos and depict how beautiful the Christmas tree has grown.
- Collection of Books – As you age, you tend to settle down and try to live a slow-paced life. They start to do leisurely things rather than be busy bees. Buy your grandparents interesting books that they can immerse themselves in, like books about their favorite topics or authors. You can also buy them good books about hobbies they can delve into. It will certainly be a gift they will appreciate.
- Cashmere Shawl – This Christmas gift idea for grandparent is more of a gift idea for a grandmother. Shawls are a piece of clothing worn to protect the person from the cold weather. It will certainly be good for your grandmother, as old people tend to be more intolerant of the cold. Cashmere shawls are available in various colors and prints so you can have the chance to pick out the one design that you see fit for your lovely grandma. You can even have their initials or a message embroidered on it for added effect.
- Grandparent’s Portrait – Having a professional artist sketch out a portrait of your grandparents will definitely be something they will appreciate. Not only is it personal, but it is thoughtful as well because it expresses your affection towards them. You can make it even more special by writing a dedication along with the portrait.
Grandparents are actually not that hard to give Christmas gifts to. They have experienced a lot in their lives so they want nothing more than just to see the next generation after them live happy and successful lives. Just make sure you express to them how much you love them and it will surely make them smile. And we are hoping that these Christmas gift ideas for grandparents help you in choosing the perfect gift for them. Merry Christmas!
Customized Oven Mitts
Speaking of things to get customized, over mitts also make an adorable gift. If your grandma loves to bake cookies for you, she’ll love a silly pair of customized oven mitts. Just use some acrylic paint and write a cute little message for her.
Personalized Hug Drawing
Want to get your long distance grandparents something heart touching, send them a hug. Get someone to outline you and paint it the way you like. This will make such an amazing gift for them.
Customized Ceramic Plate
Just buy a big ceramic plate or use one that you already have. Get painting and display the adorable family that you have. You can use the cute nicknames you have for them to personalize the plate even more.
Old Family Picture
Oldie but goodie, take an old family picture in which all your long lost cousins, and distant relatives are present and get it framed. This one will never fail to put a smile on your grandparent’s faces.
Another adorable gift would be their very own personalized calendar. Click pictures of yourself in different season outfits and use them to make a cute table calendar. They will love the efforts and thought you’ve put in for the gift.
What’s better than a reminder that they have a beautiful family who adores them unconditionally every time they go to bed? Get a pair of pillow covers and customize them with a personal message or a cute quote.
Personalized Diary or a Writing Pad
If your grandparents are the kind who maintains a diary or a writing pad, get that personalized. Use a handmade drawing to make the cover of the diary or a pad. It will make an adorable gift for them.
Framed Foot Prints
If you have small kids in your family, they cute little foot prints would make for such an adorable gift for your grandparents. Get the footprints framed and it will be an amazing wall art for their place.
You love your grandma’s freshly baked cookies? What better gift than a cute cookie jar. Just take a mason jar and get painting. You can also write a personalized message for her.
Buy a very comfortable blanket and get it customized. One way to do that is to add names of all your family members. We’re sure your grandma and grandpa will love it.
If your grandparents are into puzzles, they will love this. Take six family pictures and trim them according to the size of the cube and cut them into even smaller squares and stick them on. This will make for such a fun gift.
If you always find your grandma cooking something up, then get her something she’ll actually use. These cute set of measuring spoons will be practical as well as thoughtful.
We’re sure your grandparents would’ve forgotten what it feels to be pampered. Change that with these fun massaging blankets which you can buy online.
If you’re looking for something else to customize, there’s coasters too. Take some of your favorite family pictures and get them printed onto coasters. You can also just stick the pictures on them.
For a grandpa or a grandma who loves to cook for their family, a fun apron will also make for an amazing gift. Just get one with a nice quote on and they’ll think of you every time they get cooking.
These napkin rings would add such a fun element on the dinner table the next time you have a huge family dinner with your grandparents.
If you’re feeling lost and you want to gift them something they’ll actually use, get a pair of coffee mugs with a funny quote on. You can also take it a step further by customizing it.
Not much of a DIY person but want to gift them something heartwarming? Then this one is perfect for you. You must have seen these touch lambs online, get one for yourself and one for them. If one is touched, the other one lights up on its own, no matter the distance.
Get your grandparents a journal which they can fill together. Think how fun it would be to read out their answers in front of the family.