These Christmas quotes will definitely remind you the true spirit of Christmas. We have collected and compiled the most popular and the best Christmas quotes and sayings – be it from poems, from famous people, funny Christmas quotes, from movies or from songs. You can find them all here. So what are you waiting for? Scroll down and get yourself in a holiday mood with these Christmas quotes and sayings.
Selected Christmas Quotes For Cards
- “At Christmas, all roads lead home.”~ Marjorie Holmes
- “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.” ~ Charles Dickens
- “Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.” ~ Norman Vincent Peal
- “He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.” ~ Roy L. Smit
- “Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand in hand.” ~ Dr. Seuss
- “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” ~ Charles M. Schulz
Top Christmas Quotes and Sayings
There are literally thousands of Christmas quotes but in this section, I collected what I thought to be the best ones. So here’s the list of best Christmas quotes from famous people.
“At Christmas, all roads lead home.”~ Marjorie Holmes
Christmas gift suggestions:
To your enemy, forgiveness.
To an opponent, tolerance.
To a friend, your heart.
To a customer, service.
To all, charity.
To every child, a good example.
To yourself, respect.”
~ Oren Arnold
“Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.” ~ Calvin Coolidge
“Christmas is a season for kindling the fire for hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart.” ~ Washington Irving
“The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.” ~ Burton Hills
“I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.” ~ Charles Dickens
“Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.” ~ Norman Vincent Peale
“He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.” ~ Roy L. Smit
christmas song quotes
“My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others.” ~ Bob Hope
“Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.” ~ Hamilton Wright Mabie
“Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” ~ Charles M. Schulz
short christmas sayings
“Christmas is the day that holds all time together.” ~ Alexander Smith
“Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand in hand.” ~ Dr. Seuss
Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts.” ~ Janice Maeditere
Merry Christmas Quotes
I personally prefer short Christmas quotes and sayings especially when I want to add some to my holiday cards. So for those who need some Christmas quotes short, this section is for you.
“Christmas isn’t a season. It’s a feeling.” ~ Edna Ferber
Christmas, my child, is love in action. ~ Dale Evans
Christmas is a stocking stuffed with sugary goodness. ~ Mo Rocca
Christmas is the day that holds all time together. ~ Alexander Smith
Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing but of reflection. ~ Winston Churchill
Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.” ~ Peg Bracken
Perhaps the best Yuletide decoration is being wreathed in smiles. ~ Anonymous
“May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through!” ~ Author Unknown
“Christmas is Family, Friends, Hope, Joy, Memories, Peace and Love.” ~ Author Unknown
“At Christmas play and make good cheer, For Christmas comes but once a year” ~ Thomas Tusser
Positive Christmas Messages
Get inspired with these inspiring Christmas quotes. Christmas is all about sharing and giving. So take advantage of the season and share the good vibes by spreading these Christmas quotes and sayings.
Christmas now surrounds us,
Happiness is everywhere
Our hands are busy with many tasks
As carols fill the air.” ~ Shirley Sallay
“Love is what’s in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.” ~ Author unknown, attributed to a 7-year-old named Bobby
“I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month.” ~ Harlan Miller
“Christmas is most truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most.” ~ Ruth Carter Stapleton
“Good news from heaven the angels bring,
Glad tidings to the earth they sing:
To us this day a child is given,
To crown us with the joy of heaven.” ~ Martin Luther
Christmas is not just a time for festivity and merry making. It is more than that. It is a time for the contemplation of eternal things. The Christmas spirit is a spirit of giving and forgiving.” ~ J. C. Penney
“Bless us Lord, this Christmas, with quietness of mind; Teach us to be patient and always to be kind.” ~ Helen Steiner Rice
“Christmas day is a day of joy and charity. May God make you very rich in both.” ~ Phillips Brooks
Famous Christmas Quotes For Family
It’s wonderful to celebrate the Yuletide season with friends and family. With these Christmas quotes that are related to family, you can feel the Christmas season even more. Share these Christmas quotes for family to your friends and loved ones.
From home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another. The warmth and joy of Christmas, brings us closer to each other. ~ Emily Matthews
When we recall Christmas past we usually find that the simplest things, not the great occasions, give off the greatest glow of happiness.” ~ Bob Hope
He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. – Roy L. Smith
Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart.
The spirit of Christmas is the spirit of love and of generosity and of goodness. It illuminates the picture window of the soul, and we look out upon the world’s busy life and become more interested in people than in things. – Thomas S. Monson
“Christmas is the season of joy, of holiday greetings exchanged, of gift-giving, and of families united.” ~ Norman Vincent Peale
Christmas is a tonic for our souls. It moves us to think of others rather than of ourselves. It directs our thoughts to giving. – B. C. Forbes
The only blind person at Christmas-time is he who has not Christmas in his heart. – Helen Keller
God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving. If he gives us the gift of Christmas, it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it. – Pope Francis
Christmas Quotes from Movies
Movies are one of the best sources of quotes and sayings. There are so many notable Christmas quotes from popular Christmas movies, but we list down some of the best ones. Here are they:
The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear. ~ Will Ferrell, “Elf”
“The only thing you need to worry about is where you’re going to buy your sweaters after the circus pulls out of town.” ~ The Santa Clause (1994)
“Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see.” ~ The Conductor, Polar Express
“I believe… I believe… It’s silly, but I believe.” ~Susan, Miracle on 34th Street
“I’m Dreaming Of A White Christmas” — Bing Crosby’s White Christmas (1954)
“There’s a certain magic that comes with the very first snow. For when the first snow is also a Christmas snow, well, something wonderful is bound to happen” — Frosty the Snowman (1969)
“That’s what Christmas memories are made from, they’re not planned, they’re not scheduled, nobody puts them in their blackberry, they just happen” — Deck the Halls (2006)
“Christmas is just about my favorite time. Ever since i was a little kid, i always felt like it was my own personal holiday” — Ernest saves Christmas (1988)
“Just because you can’t see the air doesn’t keep you from breathing. And just because you can’t see God doesn’t keep you from believing.” ~Jeremiah, The Preacher’s Wife
“It was the afternoon of Christmas Eve and Scrooge was conscious of a thousand odors, each one connected with a thousand thoughts and hopes and joys and cares long, long forgotten.” ~Gonzo, The Muppet Christmas Carol
“We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.” ~Buddy, Elf
Christmas Quotes Funny
When it comes to Christmas quotes, funny ones are my favorite. Most of funny christmas quotes are not just funny but some of them are witty and clever that you can’t help but to laugh. Here are some of the funniest Christmas quotes for you. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
Keep your friends close, your enemies closer, and receipts for all major purchases.
– Bridger Winegar
Nothing’s as mean as giving a little child something useful for Christmas.
~ Kin Hubbard
Do give books – religious or otherwise – for Christmas.
They’re never fattening, seldom sinful, and permanently personal.”
~ Lenore Hershey
Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. ~ Dave Barry
Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree.
In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall.
~ Larry Wilde
Christmas is a baby shower that went totally overboard.
– Andy Borowitz
Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people only once a year.
– Victor Borge
My husband’s idea of getting the Christmas spirit is to become Scrooge.
– Melanie White
Do you know why so many people love Jesus? Without Jesus, no Christmas.
– Melanie White
Christmas Song Quotes
Aside from movies, you can also find good Christmas quotes from song lyrics. Here are some of the best Christmas quotes from music and songs lyrics.
“I’m dreaming of a white Christmas,
Just like the ones I used to know,
Where the tree tops glisten
And children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow.” ~ Irving Berlin
Tis the season to be jolly, tralala lala lala lala
Good tidings we bring, to you and your kin. ~ We Wish You A Merry Christmas
Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Let your heart be light
From now on your troubles will be out of sight
~ Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Christmas Quotes for Friends
Spread the love and happiness that the holiday season bring to your friends using Christmas quotes. Here are some good and famous Christmas quotes for your friends.
Heap on the wood!-the wind is chill;
But let it whistle as it will,
We’ll keep our Christmas merry still.
~ Sir Walter Scott
A Christmas candle is a lovely thing;
It makes no noise at all,
But softly gives itself away;
While quite unselfish, it grows small.
~ Eva K. Logue
It’s that joyous time of year again, when Christmas cheer fills the air. May your loved ones be close to you, whilst revelling in Christmas cheer!
May Santa bring your heart’s desire, and land safely with his reindeers. May he slid down your chimney quietly, and deliver your presents with ease. Have an amazingly joyous Christmas!
Peace and love to you on this special Christmas day. May joy envelop you and loved ones be near. Wishing you a very special and blessed Christmas!
It’s that special time of year again, when loved ones hold each other dear. May you experience the special joy of this day, and revel in its special cheer. Happy Christmas!
May this Christmas bring you joy and peace, and all of your heart’s desires. May you experience the warmth of family and friends, dressed up in their colourful Christmas attires. Have a super special Christmas!
Christmas Quotes for Cards
Christmas quotes are also good as card wordings. There are certain Christmas quotes that can be a perfect Christmas verse for a card. For those who are looking for Christmas card quotes, here are some samples you may use.
Let us have music for Christmas…
Sound the trumpet of joy and rebirth;
Let each of us try, with a song in our hearts,
To bring peace to men on earth.”
~ Mildred L. Jarrell
“I heard the bells on Christmas Day
Their old, familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet
The words repeat
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!”
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
“I love the Christmas-tide, and yet,
I notice this, each year I live;
I always like the gifts I get,
But how I love the gifts I give!”
~ Carolyn Wells
“May Christmas lend a special charm
To all you chance to do.
And may the season light your way
To hopes and dreams anew.”
~ Garnett Ann Schultz, “My Christmas Wish”
“The merry family gatherings–
The old, the very young;
The strangely lovely way they
Harmonize in carols sung.
For Christmas is tradition time–
Traditions that recall
The precious memories down the years,
The sameness of them all.”
~ Helen Lowrie Marshall
“Christmas is forever, not for just one day,
for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away
like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf.
The good you do for others is good you do yourself.”
~ Norman Wesley Brooks, “Let Every Day Be Christmas”
. “This time of year means being kind
to everyone we meet,
To share a smile with strangers
we may pass along the street.”
~ Betty Black
“There is a Christmas song upon the air,
There is a joy innate within the heart;
An inner sense of peace, a holy light
Illumines life and sets these days apart.”
~ Edna Greene Hines
Christmas Quotes for Cards, Christmas Wishes Quotes
Nothing says merry Christmas more than a lovely Christmas quote. These quotes bring warmth in the heart that someone wishes you nothing but the best and is not afraid to show it. Most people search for the best Christmas quotes in the internet and forget that the inspiration closest to them is the bible. Find below some of the most inspiring Christmas quotes that you can send to any of your loved ones this Christmas season.
- On this Christmas day, may you celebrate and have merry. And keep the spirit of Christmas all through the New Year. Merry Christmas and happy New Year
- It is true that Christmas makes us become children again. As we remember the memories of the past and pass them on to our children to make more memories. Merry Christmas
- I want to become small again this Christmas. So that I can feel again the entire joy of Christmas without the worries of the world on my mind.
- If someone tries to steal your Christmas away this year, let them. Because the spirit of Christmas is far greater than the Grinch who stole Christmas.
- Pray that the heavens hear you this Christmas rather than to pray for wealth. Because if the heavens do hear you, you will indeed get everything you desire.
- Gifts of time and love are the best ingredients for any Christmas recipe – Peg Bracken
- The world has grown weary through the years but at Christmas it is young – Phillips Brooks
- There is no sadder thing that to wake up on Christmas day and not be a child – Erma Bombeck
- The true message of Christmas is this, we are never alone – Taylor Caldwell
- Christmas that is not found in the heart, can’t be found under a tree – Charlotte Carpenter
- We only get a white Christmas not because of the snow but because of our willingness to share.
Christmas Card Quotes
Are you looking for some good Christmas quotes and sayings to use for your Christmas gift tags and cards? Or perhaps you’re looking for quotes about Christmas to just simply express what you feel that only quotes and sayings from famous people can do for you? Well, most of the cards also use famous Christmas quotes so that’s not surprising. So have found any? Not yet?
Then you may want to consider these samples of Christmas card quotes and sayings of prominent personalities. You can use these quotes for Christmas cards in addition to your own holiday wishes. Feel free to include them to your handmade Christmas cards or e cards. You can also share your own favorite Christmas quotes or sayings here. Feel free to leave a comment or message.
Short Christmas Card Quotes
- We make a living by what we get but we make a life by what we give. ~ Winston Churchill
- At Christmas play and make good cheer, For Christmas comes but once a year. ~ Thomas Tusser
- A lovely thing about Christmas is that it’s compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together. ~ Garrison Keillor
- Let us remember that the Christmas heart is a giving heart, a wide open heart that thinks of others first. ~ George Mathew Adams
- Good news from heaven the angels bring, Glad tidings to the earth they sing: To us this day a child is given, To crown us with the joy of heaven. ~ Martin Luther
- From home to home and heart to heart, from one place to another. The warmth of joy Christmas brings us closer to each other. ~ Emily Matthews
- It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air. ~ W.T. Willis
- Christmas is a day of joy and charity. May God make you rich in both. ~ Phillips Brooks
- A Christmas candle is a lovely thing; It makes no noise at all, But softly gives itself away; While quite unselfish, it grows small. ~ Eva K. Logue
Merry Christmas Quotes, Christmas Wishes Quotes
On Christmas Eve, everyone is normally excited. People at times celebrate more on Christmas Eve than they do on the actual Christmas day. This is therefore the perfect time to send out those Christmas Eve quotes that you have. If you do not have any, then do not worry as you will find below some of the best Christmas Eve quotes that you can use. Some are from well known people while others are from unknown sources. All in all, they will help you raise the Christmas spirit of your friends and family members.
- There are no strangers on Christmas Eve – Adele Comandini
- Make merry on Christmas Eve and on Christmas day, remember the birth of Christ.
- Bake the turkey and cut it on Christmas Eve as on Christmas day everyone will be too drunk to notice it!
- Let the spirit of Christmas wrap you on Christmas Eve and ensure your well being through the days to come.
- Christmas is a time for giving love, best wishes and mending damaged relationships. Let this be your guide this Christmas Eve as we celebrate the birth of Christ.
- Christmas is not a date but a state of mind – Ellen Chase
- When we were young, we were grateful to those that filled our stockings with gifts on Christmas Eve. Why are we not grateful to God for filling our stocking with legs? – G. K Chesterton
- Count your blessings this Christmas Eve and thank the Lord for the far you have come.
- Christmas is love in action – Dale Evans
- At Christmas, all the roads lead to one place. Home.
- Even as an adult, I still find it hard to sleep on Christmas Eve – Carrie Latet
- As people celebrate Christmas in different places, one thing remains constant. The love that Christ has for man.
And that’s it! There are still a ton of Christmas quotes that you can find that may not be on the list. But I hope that you find the most beautiful Christmas quotes in this list. Feel free to comment down below to share your own Christmas quotes that are not here. Again, have a merry Christmas!