Christmas is almost here. Christmas is the biggest festival for the world now. It is celebrated as the birthday of Jesus Christ the most influential man ever lived. His life changed the world. People started thinking in different way. Love has become the major topic in the world. People said goodbye to barbarian culture of hate and kill. Society has bonded more close with morality and love has become the bonding glue. People started calling time as before Christ (BC) and Anno Domini-Lords Year (AD). Nations and millions sacrificed their wealth and power to protect his teaching. Scores of people took the spreading of his gospel as their life’s goal
It’s time for giving Christmas gifts and flowers to loved ones and special someone. It’s a also a time for shopping for Christmas ornaments and Christmas hampers. Greeting everyone with Christmas wishes is also considered as part of the Christmas celebration. Whether you need to greet your dear ones living in a different part of the world, or you simply want to be different from others on this Christmas by wishing your friend in his language , you may refer to this list of merry Christmas in different languages.
Merry Christmas in English
How to Say Merry Christmas in English-speaking Countries
In countries where the dominant language being used is English, people greet their others using this phrase: “MERRY CHRISTMAS”. If you wish to make your Christmas greetings a little longer for your English speaking loved ones and friends, here are some samples merry Christmas messages in English:
May this season of love warm your home
May this brighten your roads with hope
Merry Christmas to you and your dear folks!
Finally, it’s Christmas time!
I’m sending you warm wishes this holiday season!
Enjoy every moment!
Heaps of blessings to come your way
And good cheers on Christmas day.
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Merry Christmas in German
But if you happen to be wishing to greet someone living in a country where language being used is German, no worries. So, how to say merry Christmas in German language? Germans use this phrase: “Froehliche Weihnachten”. Let me give you a few lines of Christmas messages in German.
Mögest du in dieser besonderen
Grund zum Lachen finden.
English: May you find all the reasons to smile in this special season. Merry Christmas!
Gebt Gloria zu Gott, sein Sohn ist bei uns!
Feiert diesen Tag mit offenem Herzen,
so dass er in unsere Leben treten kann.
English: Give glory to God because His Son is with us! Celebrate this day with an open heart so that He can enter our lives. Merry Christmas!
Möge dieses Weihnachten uns mehr Zeit schenken,
die liebevolle Präsenz von Jesus in unseren Herzen wahrzunehmen.
English: May this Christmas give us more time to experience the loving presence of Christ in our hearts. Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas in Spanish
Feliz Navidad! Is the phrase used in saying Merry Christmas in countries such as Mexico, Spain, Guatamela, South America and other countries where dominant language being used is Spanish. So you’re looking for some samples of Spanish Christmas messages and greetings? Here are some:
Que los corazones encuentren paz y felicidad en la alegría de ésta Navidad. Feliz Navidad!
English: May hearts find peace and happiness in the joy of this Christmas. Merry Christmas
Que la alegría de ésta Navidad traiga felicidad para todo el año nuevo.
English: May the joy of this Christmas bring happiness for the entire new year.
Que la Navidad sea motivo para regocijo y celebración, y el Año Nuevo motivo para esperanza y fé.
English: May Christmas be occasion for rejoicing and celebration, and may the New Year be occasion for hope and faith.
Merry Christmas in French
So you want to know how to say Merry Christmas in French? Well, you must be looking for that as you have friends and loved ones in country like France where the dominant language being used is French. Joyeux Noël! That’s how they greet their loved ones. If you wish to send a greeting card with French Christmas messages, you may want to use these samples.
Que ce temps de joie, rempli ton coeur, avec amour débordant. Joyeux Noël!
English: May this season of joy, filled your heart with overflowing love. Merry Christmas!
Je vous souhaite tout le bonheur, la bénédiction, et une bonne santé. Joyeux Noël!
English: I wish you all the happiness, blessing, and good health. Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas in Filipino, Merry Christmas in Tagalog
How to Say Merry Christmas in the Philippines
Maligayang Pasko! That’s how to say merry Christmas in Filipino. Tagalog is considered as the dominant language used by Filipinos. Here are some samples of Christmas messages in Filipino / Tagalog.
Mapuno sana ng kaligayahan ang iyong puso ngayong pasko,
Makasama mo sana ang mga taong malapit sa iyo
English: May your heart be filled with happiness this Christmas. May you be with your loved ones. Merry Christmas
Balutin nawa ng diwa ng pasko ang iyong tahanan,
Mahanap mo nawa ang kaligayahan at pag-ibig saan ka man naroroon.
Maligayang Pasko sayo at sa iyong pamilya.
English: May your hope be filled with the spirit of Christmas. May you find happiness and love wherever you are. Merry Christmas to you and to your family.
Ang makasama ka ang pinakamagandang regalo
na natanggap ko ngayong pasko,
Lubos akong nagpapasalamat dahil naririto ka sa tabi,
Maligayang Pasko, Mahal ko.
English: To be with you is the most precious gift I got this Christmas. I am very thankful because you are here with me. Merry Christmas, my love.
Merry Christmas in Italian
Buon Natale! That’s how to say Merry Christmas in Italian language. Here are some samples of Italian Christmas messages and greetings for cards:
Buon Natale a voi e la vostra famiglia
Possiate essere benedetti con la felicità e la gioia
English: Merry Christmas to you and your family. May you be blessed with happiness and joy.
Rallegratevi! Il Re è nato!
Festeggia il Natale con il cuore colmo di gioia
English: Rejoice! The King was born! Celebrate Christmas with heart filled with joy. Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas in Portuguese
But if you are wondering how to say merry Christmas in Portuguese, you’re just in the right place. Usually, the phrase “Feliz Natal!” is used. If you are looking for some samples of Christmas messages in Portuguese, here’s what I can provide:
Eu desejo que o seu Natal ser preenchido com todas as coisas que você sempre quis na vida … Feliz Natal!
English: I wish that your Christmas be filled with all the things you ever wanted in life… Merry Christmas!
Esta época de Natal, que você seja feliz. Feliz Natal!
English: This Christmas season, may you be happy. Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas in Croatian
Sretan Bozic! That’s how to say Merry Christmas in Merry Christmas in Croatia. However, the greetings may vary depending on the region you are in. “Vesele Vanoce!” is the phrase you can use when you are in Czech Republic and “Cestitamo Bozic!” when you’re in Yugoslavia.
Merry Christmas in Chinese
There are two variations of greetings depending on the Chinese language you want to use. For example, if you wish to say Merry Christmas in Chinese Cantonese, Gun Tso Sun Tan’Gung Haw Sun. For Chinese Mandarin, you can say Kung His Hsin Nien bing Chu Shen Tan.
Merry Christmas in Dutch
Zalig Kerstfeest! That’s how to greet Merry Christmas in countries where dutch-speaking people are residing. However, some variations may apply. For example, you can use phrase like “”Prettige Kerstdagen” in Netherlands
Merry Christmas in Japanese
Merii Kurisumasu is the phrase used in greeting Merry Christmas in Japanese language. Others may also use phrase such as Shinnen omedeto or Kurisumasu Omedeto !
Merry Christmas in Hindi
इस क्रिसमस मैं आपकी ख़ुशी और अच्छे स्वास्थ्य की कामना करता हूँ.
English: I wish you more happiness and good health this Christmas.
आपको एक ऐसा मिले जो बंडा के तहत आपके साथ इस छुट्टी का हिस्सा होगा !
May you find the one that you will share this holiday with under the mistletoe.
How to Say Merry Christmas in Different Languages
We only covered few of the major languages around the world. But if you want to know how to say Merry Christmas in many other languages, here’s the complete list.
- Afrikaans: Geseende Kerfees en ‘n gelukkige nuwe jaar
- Aklanon: Malipayon nga Paskwa ag Mahigugmaon nga Bag-ong Dag-on
- Albanian: Gezur Krislinjden
- Arabic: Idah Saidan Wa Sanah Jadidah
- Argentine: Feliz Navidad
- Armenian: Shenoraavor Nor Dari yev Pari Gaghand
- Bahasa Malaysia: Selamat Hari Natal
- Basque : Zorionak eta Urte Berri On!
- Bengali: Shuvo Naba Barsha
- Bohemian: Vesele Vanoce
- Brazilian: Boas Festas e Feliz Ano Novo
- Breton: Nedeleg laouen na bloavezh mat
- Bulgarian: Tchestita Koleda; Tchestito Rojdestvo Hristovo
- Catalan: Bon Nadal i un Bon Any Nou!
- Chile: Feliz Navidad
- Chinese (Cantonese): Gun Tso Sun Tan’Gung Haw Sun
- Chinese (Mandarin): Kung His Hsin Nien bing Chu Shen Tan
- Choctaw: Yukpa, Nitak Hollo Chito
- Columbia: Feliz Navidad y Próspero Año Nuevo
- Cornish: Nadelik looan na looan blethen noweth
- Corsian: Pace e salute
- Crazanian: Rot Yikji Dol La Roo
- Cree: Mitho Makosi Kesikansi
- Croatian: Sretan Bozic
- Czech: Prejeme Vam Vesele Vanoce a stastny Novy Rok
- Danish: Glædelig Jul
- Dutch: Vrolijk Kerstfeest en een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar! or Zalig Kerstfeast
- English: Merry Christmas!
- Eskimo (inupik): Jutdlime pivdluarit ukiortame pivdluaritlo!
- Esperanto: Gajan Kristnaskon
- Estonian: Rõõmsaid Jõulupühi
- Farsi: Cristmas-e-shoma mobarak bashad
- Finnish: Hyvaa joulua
- Flemish: Zalig Kerstfeest en Gelukkig nieuw jaar
- French: Joyeux Noel
- Galician: Bo Nada
- Gaelic: Nollaig chridheil agus Bliadhna mhath Ã¹r!
- German: Froehliche Weihnachten
- Greek: Kala Christouyenna!
- Hawaiian: Mele Kalikimaka
- Hebrew: Mo’adim Lesimkha. Chena tova
- Hindi: Shub Naya Baras
- Hausa: Barka da Kirsimatikuma Barka da Sabuwar Shekara!
- Hawaiian: Mele Kalikimaka ame Hauoli Makahiki Hou!
- Hungarian: Kellemes Karacsonyi unnepeket
- Icelandic: Gledileg Jol
- Indonesian: Selamat Hari Natal
- Iraqi: Idah Saidan Wa Sanah Jadidah
- Irish: Nollaig Shona Dhuit or Nodlaig mhaith chugnat
- Iroquois: Ojenyunyat Sungwiyadeson honungradon nagwutut. Ojenyunyat osrasay.
- Italian: Buone Feste Natalizie
- Japanese: Shinnen omedeto. Kurisumasu Omedeto
- Korean: Sung Tan Chuk Ha
- Latin: Natale hilare et Annum Faustum!
- Latvian: Prieci’gus Ziemsve’tkus un Laimi’gu Jauno Gadu!
- Lithuanian: Linksmu Kaledu
- Low Saxon: Heughliche Winachten un ‘n moi Nijaar
- Macedonian: Sreken Bozhik
- Maltese: IL-Milied It-tajjeb
- Manx: Nollick ghennal as blein vie noa
- Maori: Meri Kirihimete
- Marathi: Shub Naya Varsh
- Navajo: Merry Keshmish
- Norwegian: God Jul or Gledelig Jul
- Occitan: Pulit nadal e bona annado
- Papua New Guinea: Bikpela hamamas blong dispela Krismas na Nupela yia i go long yu
- Peru: Feliz Navidad y un Venturoso Año Nuevo
- Philippines: Maligayang Pasko!
- Polish: Wesolych Swiat Bozego Narodzenia or Boze Narodzenie
- Portuguese: Feliz Natal
- Pushto: Christmas Aao Ne-way Kaal Mo Mobarak Sha
- Rapa-Nui (Easter Island): Mata-Ki-Te-Rangi. Te-Pito-O-Te-Henua
- Rhetian: Bellas festas da nadal e bun onn
- Romanian: Sarbatori vesele
- Russian: Pozdrevlyayu s prazdnikom Rozhdestva is Novim Godom
- Sami: Buorrit Juovllat
- Samoan: La Maunia Le Kilisimasi Ma Le Tausaga Fou
- Sardinian: Bonu nadale e prosperu annu nou
- Serb-Croatian: Sretam Bozic. Vesela Nova Godina
- Serbian: Hristos se rodi
- Singhalese: Subha nath thalak Vewa. Subha Aluth Awrudhak Vewa
- Slovakian: Vesele Vianoce. A stastlivy Novy Rok
- Slovene: Vesele Bozicne. Screcno Novo Leto
- Spanish: Feliz Navidad
- Swedish: God Jul and (Och) Ett Gott Nytt År
- Tagalog: Maligayang Pasko at Manigong Bagong Taon
- Tamil: Nathar Puthu Varuda Valthukkal
- Trukeese: (Micronesian) Neekiriisimas annim oo iyer seefe feyiyeech!
- Thai: Sawadee Pee Mai
- Turkish: Noeliniz Ve Yeni Yiliniz Kutlu Olsun
- Ukrainian: Srozhdestvom Kristovym
- Urdu: Naya Saal Mubarak Ho
- Vietnamese: Chung Mung Giang Sinh
- Welsh: Nadolig Llawen
- Yugoslavian: Cestitamo Bozic