Christmas is around the corner and so are the preparations. A festival enthusiastically celebrated all around the world by Christians by Visiting Church, Decorating Christmas Tree, Sharing Snacks and Foods with friends and families, Hanging Out and the most important, Sharing Gifts and receiving a gift from Santa Claus.
Christmas; the Globally celebrated festival is never complete without Sweets and Desserts. All over the world, there are certain sweets and desserts in on or other form are consumed and shared amongst family members and friends.
Usually, preparations are well completed in advance so as to avoid any issues during last minutes.
But, sometimes, calculations go goes wrong, either guests turn up more in numbers or we fail to cook/bake the desserts in adequate quantity which definitely becomes and embarrassing situation for us.
If you have only half an hour in your hand during last minutes rush, then you do have enough time to prepare some easy recipes that can feed around a dozen of your near ones, be it a cake, a cupcake, bars or brownies – get ready to serve your last minute best lots of sweets with minimum or no fuss around.
CHRISTMAS DESSERTS FOR A CROWD
FROZEN PEPPERMINT DELIGHT:
A unique blend of festive, delicious and easy to make dessert. This one surely has to be in the list. Drizzled in Hot Fudge and loaded with Pretty Peppermint Pieces, this tempting feast will have your guests ask for second rounds.
Total Time: 25 Minutes + Freezing.
Makes: 15 Servings.
- Oreo Cookies: Crushed 1 Package.
- Butter: Melted ¼ Cup.
- Peppermint Ice-Cream: 2 Containers Slightly Softened (1-1/2 Quarts Each).
- Frozen Whipped Topping: 1 Carton,Thawed.
- Warmed, Hot Fudge Ice-Cream Topping.
- Crushed Peppermint Candy.
- Mix Cookie Crumbs and Butter in a large bowl. Press into an ungreased dish. Spread ice-cream over the crust ; top with whipped topping. Cover and Refrigerate until solid.
- Drizzle with Hot Fudge and sprinkle peppermint candy.
- Ready to Serve.
Calories: 425, Fat: 22g., Cholesterol: 24mg., Sodium: 296mg., Carbohydrate: 52g., Protein: 4g.
SWEET ALMOND TWISTS:
The delicious almond pastries makes lovely light-as-air accompaniments for coffee, tea or cocoa. Your guests will never guess the recipe calls for packed frozen dough.
Preparation Time: 25 Minutes.
Bake: 15 Minutes.
Makes: 32 Twists.
- Thawed, Frozen Puff Pastry: 1 Package.
- Large Egg: 1.
- Water: 1 TBSP.
- Pastry Filling and Almond Cake: ¼ Cup.
- Sliced Almonds: 1 Cup.
- Preheat the Oven to 400 Degrees.
- Unfold Puff Pastry Sheets on a Floured Surface and role each of them in rectangular shape in 15*10 Inches.
- In a small bowl, mix egg and water, brush it over rectangles. Spread the pastry fillings over one rectangle to within ¼ inch of edges; sprinkle with Almonds.
- Top with remaining Pastry, Egg wash side down, pressing lightly.
- Brush top with Egg wash. Lengthwise cut in half; cut each rectangle crosswise into 16 strips. Twist each strip 2-3 times and place 1 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake until 15 minutes or till it turns Golden Brown.
- Serve it Warm.
FLUFFY CRANBERRY MOUSSE
A deliciously pretty salad for the festive fun.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes + Chilling.
Makes: 16-20 Servings.
- Strawberry Gelatin: 1 Package.
- Boiling Water: 1 Cup.
- Crushed Pineapple: 1 Can.
- Whole-Berry Cranberry Sauce: 1 Can.
- Lemon Juice: 3 TBSP.
- Grated Lemon Zest: 1 TBSP.
- Ground Nutmeg: ½ TBSP.
- Sour Cream: 2 Cups.
- Chopped Pecans: ½ Cup.
- Dissolve Gelatin in a Boiling Water in a large bowl. Drain some pineapples, set them aside and add juice to Gelatin. Stir the Cranberry Sauce, Lemon Juice, Zest and Nutmeg and let it chill until the mixture thickens. Fold it in a sour cream, Pineapple and pecans.
- Pour it in a Glass Serving Bowl or an Oiled-9 cup mold. Chill until set for 2 hours.
Calories: 150, Fat: 6g., Cholesterol: 16mg., Sodium: 37mg., Carbohydrate: 22g., Protein: 2gms.
WHITE CHOCOLATE-CRANBERRY-PECAN TART
The White chips, orange peel and cranberries mixed with pecan pie take the dish to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes.
Bake: 40 Minutes + Cooling.
Makes: 16 Servings.
- Pastry for Single-Crust Pie (9 Inches).
- Fresh & Frozen Cranberries: 1 Cup.
- Pecan Halves: 1 Cup.
- White Baking Chips: 1 Cup.
- Eggs: 3 Large.
- Packed Brown Sugar: ¾ Cup.
- Light Corn Syrup: ¾ Cup.
- All-Purpose Flour: 2 TBSP.
- Grated Orange Zest: 1 TBSP.
- Whipped Cream: Optional.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 Degrees. Roll the pastry to fit and 11” Tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges. Sprinkle with the chips, pecans and cranberries.
- Whisk eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, flour and orange zest; pour over chips in a small bowl.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the knife inserted comes out clean. Cool down and SERVE with whipped cream, if desired.
Nutrition Facts: Per Slice(Without Whipped Cream): Calories: 266, Fat: 13gm., Cholesterol: 44mg., Sodium: 86mg., Carbohydrate: 37mg., Protein: 3gm.
CHERRY CHEESE CUPCAKE
The Church Christmas parties in New York always includes these amazing cupcakes. Cheery garnish of Cherries is what people like the most.
Preparations Time: 20 Minutes.
Bake: 35 Minutes + Cooling.
Makes: About 2 Dozen
- Softened Cream Cheese: 3 Packages.
- Sugar: 1-1/2 Cups, Divided.
- Vanilla Extract: 1-1/2 TSP., Divided.
- Eggs: 5 Large.
- Sour Cream: 1 Cup.
- Cherry Pie Filling: 1-1/2 Cups.
- Mint Leaves, Optional.
- Beat Cream Cheese, 1 Teaspoon Vanilla and 1 Cup Sugar until smooth.
- Add Eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Spoon in the foil-lined muffin cups. Bake at 300 degree for 25-30 minutes.
- Take it out and cool it for 5 minutes.
- Combine Sour Cream, the remaining vanilla and sugar until smooth. Spoon onto the cupcakes. Return to the oven for 5-6 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans.
- Top with Pie filling; garnish with mint and serve.
Calories: 202, Fat: 13 g., Cholesterol: 82mg., Sodium: 105mg., Carbohydrate: 18g., Protein: 4g.
WHITE CANDY BARK
The speedy candy recipe can vary depending on the type of fruit or nuts you have with you. Walnuts, Pecans, Dried Cherries, any of them can be used.
Total Time: 20 Minutes + Chilling.
Makes: 2 pounds.
- Melted Butter: 1 TBSP.
- White Baking Chips: 2 Packages.
- Walnut Halves: 1-1/2 Cups.
- Dried Cranberries: 1 Cup.
- Ground Nutmeg: ¼ TSP.
- In a baking pan, line up a 15*10*1” Foil and brush it with Butter.
- Microwave white chips on high until melted; stir until smooth.
- Mix in the Walnuts, Nutmeg and Cranberries. Spread into prepared pan. Chill until firm and then break it into pieces.
Calories: 46, Fat: 3g., Cholesterol: 1mg., Sodium: 6mg., Carbohydrate: 5g., Protein: 1g.
RED VELVET CANDY CANE FUDGE
My favorite, Red Velvet, inspired me to make this fudge. Spoon the candy mixture into the paper lined muffin cups, if you like, instead of spreading it into a pan.
Total Time: Preparation: 25 Minutes + Chilling.
Makes: 3-3/4 Pounds.
- Butter: 1 TSP.
- White Baking Chips, Divided: 2 Packages.
- Semisweet Chocolate Chips: 2/3 Cups.
- Shortening, Divided: 3 TBSP.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: 1 Can.
- Red Paste Food Coloring: 1-1/2 TSP.
- Sugar, Divided: 4 Cups.
- Cream Cheese, Softened: 6 Ounces.
- Vanilla Extract: 1 TBSP.
- Peppermint Extract: ¼ TSP.
- Crushed Peppermint Candies: 3 TBSP.
- Line a 13*9” pan with foil and grease it with butter.
- Combine 3-1/4 Cups white baking chips, 2 tsp. shortening and chocolate chips in a large microwave bowl and set it on high temperature for 1 minute, uncovered. Microwave at additional 15-second intervals stirring until smooth. Mix in milk and food coloring, add 1 cup sugar and spread into prepared pan.
- In another microwave bowl, melt remaining shortening and white baking chips; stir until smooth. Beat in extracts and cream cheese. Slowly, beat in remaining sugar. Spread over red layer; sprinkle with crushed candies. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Lift fudge out of pan using foil. Remove foil, cut the fudge into 1” squares. Between the layers of waxed paper in an airtight container, store it.
CHOCOLATE MINT CREAMS
The recipe is always on everyone’s cookies request list. An amazing combination of chocolate and mint is surely going to bring waters in everyone’s mouth.
Preparation: 20 Minutes + Chilling.
Bake: 10 Minutes/Batch + Cooling.
Makes: About 6 Dozen.
- Softened Butter: 1 Cup.
- Sugar: 1-1/2 Cups.
- Unsweetened Chocolate, Melted and Cooled: 2 Ounces.
- Egg: 1 Large.
- Vanilla Extract: 1 TSP.
- Flour: 2-1/2 Cups.
- Baking Soda: 1 TSP.
- Cream Of Tartar: 1 TSP.
- Salt: ¼ TSP.
- Softened Butter: ¼ Cup.
- Sugar: 2 Cups.
- Milk: 2 TBSP.
- Peppermint Extract: ½ TSP.
- Green Food Coloring.
- Cream Sugar and Butter until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and chocolate and mix it well.
- In another bowl, whisk baking soda, cream of tartar, salt and flour; slowly add to creamed mixture, beat well.
- Divide dough in half; shape each in 2” diameter roll. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate until it gets firm.
- Preheat oven to 400 degree. Unwrap dough and cut it crosswise into 1/8” slices. Place 2” apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until edges gets firm for about 10 minutes. Remove from pans and let it cool.
- Combine all Frosting ingredients and beat until smooth. Spread over cookies; let it dry completely.
- Store in an air tight container.
Nutrition Facts:1 Cookie: Calories: 73, Fat: 4g., Cholesterol: 11mg., Sodium: 53mg., Carbohydrate: 9g., Protein: 1g.
CHERRY DREAM CAKE
Always saved for the festive season and enjoyed by all during Christmas. The cake is very easy to make and is also less time consuming. The secret lying in it is adding a package of cherry gelatin to a boxed cake mix.
Preparation: 15 Minute + Chilling.
Bake: 30 Minutes + Cooling.
Make: 20 Serviings.
- White Cake Mix: 1 Package.
- Cherry Gelatin: 1 Package.
- Boiling Water: 1-1/2 Cups.
- Softened Cream Cheese: 1 Package.
- Whipped Topping: 2 Cups.
- Cherry Pie Filling: 1 Can.
- According to package directions, prepare a cake mix, using a greased baking pan. Bake at 350 Degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- In a boiling water, dissolve Gelatin. Cool down the cake on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Poke holes on the cake and pour Gelatin over the cake. Cool for 15 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy in a large bowl. Fold in whipped topping. Carefully spread over the cake. Top with the pie filling. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 164, Fat: 4g., Cholesterol: 1mg., Sodium: 251mg., Carbohydrate: 28g., Protein: 3g.
CRANBERRY-PEAR APPLE CRISP
A dessert with crunchy golden topping with flavorful blend of sweet apples, pears and tart cranberries, makes a refreshing finish to heavy winter meals.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes.
Bake: 1 hour.
Makes: 12-14 servings.
- Peeled and Sliced Pears: 8 medium.
- Peeled and Sliced Apples: 4 medium.
- Frozen Cranberries, Thawed: 2 Cups.
- Sugar: 1 Cup.
- Flour: ¾ Cup.
- Brown Sugar: 1 Cup Packed.
- Flour: ¾ Cup.
- Quick-Cooking Oats: ¾ Cup.
- Ground Cinnamon: ¼ TSP.
- Butter: ½ Cup.
- Toss the fruit, sugar and flour in a large bowl. Pour into a greased baking dish of 13*9” . For topping, in a bowl, mix the brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 323, Fat: 7g., Cholesterol: 18mg., Sodium: 73mg., Carbohydrate: 65g., Protein: 3g.
CHOCOLATE CHIPS RASPBERRY BARS
The buttery bars with magical duo of raspberry and chocolate will make your guests crave for more and more.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes.
Bake: 40 minutes + Cooling.
Makes: About 3 Dozen
- Flour: 1-3/4 Cups.
- Sugar: 1 Cup.
- Cold Butter, Cubed: 1 Cup.
- Egg: 1 Large.
- Almond Extract: ½ TSP.
- Seedless Raspberry Jam: 1 Cup.
- Miniature Semisweet Chocolate Chips: ½ Cup.
- Mix flour and sugar in a large bowl, Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Just until moistened Stir in egg and extract. Set aside 1 cup crumb mixture for topping.
- In a greased baking pan, press the remaining mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Spread the Jam and sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips. For 30 seconds, return to the oven or until chips are glossy.
- Cool it down and into bars. Serve
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 112, Fat: 5g., Cholesterol: 18mg., Sodium: 48mg., carbohydrate: 16g., Protein: 1g.
REFRESHING CRANBERRY SHERBET
The Colorful Sherbet definitely calls for a refreshing dessert, especially during Christmas holiday dinners. Presenting a soothing Citrus taste by Lemonade and Orange Juice.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes + Freezing.
Makes: 2-1/2 Quarts.
- Frozen Cranberries: 4 Cups.
- Water: 4 Cups.
- Sugar: 2-3/4 Cups.
- Frozen Lemonade Concentrate, Thawed: 1 Can.
- Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate, Thawed: 1 Can.
- Milk: 1 Cup, 2%.
- Lemon Juice: 1 TSP.
- Salt: ¼ TSP.
- Combine Cranberries and Water in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar until dissolved.
- Transfer cranberry mixture to food processor. Add the lemonade concentrate, milk, lemon juice, salt and orange juice concentrate; cover and let it process until it gets smooth.
- According to the manufacturer’s directions, fill the cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Transfer to a freezer and freeze for 4 hours.
Nutrition Value: Calories: 179, Fat: 0, Cholesterol: 1mg., Sodium: 37mg., Carbohydrate: 45g., Protein: 1g.
So, here comes an end to our list of best dessert ideas for Christmas crowds. If you face any such issue of lesser quantity of desserts in store and the guests are more, do not panic. Simply prepare any of these desserts and you are good to go and serve your guests with some delicious, lip-smacking and finger-licking desserts.