Christmas is a fine time to make some delicious candies and sweet treats. Preparing candies like candy cane in Christmas day could be a fun activity for families and serves as special bonding in this special holiday season. Not only do candy canes taste wonderful they are really easy to make. Even if you’re not into cooking as such you can easily make this sweet treat and use it to gift or simply enjoy with your family. So if you want to prepare a special candy cane in this Christmas day, you may want to try this recipe for some Sweet and minty candy canes.
Sweet and Minty Candy Cane Recipe :
Candy Canes are easy to make and are perfect for Christmas. Here’s the recipe to make some Sweet and Minty Candy Cane.
- ½ cup Water
- ½ teaspoon of Cream of Tartar
- ¾ cup corn syrup
- 3 cups of Sugar
- ¾ teaspoon red vegetable flavoring
- 1 teaspoon Peppermint flavoring
Cooking Procedure :
1. Combine corn syrup, water, cream of tartar and sugar in a bowl .
2. Heat the sugar mixture until the sugar is completely dissolved.
3. Divide the mixture and put in two separate saucepans. Put it to boil – up to 280 degree Fahrenheit. Don’t stir while you boil the mixture.
4. Add half teaspoon of peppermint to each mixture.
5. Then take your red food coloring and add it to one of the saucepans.
6. Place the candy mixture on a table, preferably on a marble table. (Oil the table first to make the surface non-sticky, so that the mixture won’t stick to it) Let the mixture cool.
7. Form the candy into rope-like figure by pulling and stretching. Intertwine (twist) the white and red candy until you achieve the desired combination. You can make different variations of designs. Set the formed candy aside until they become firm and hard .
And there you have your sweet and minty candy cane. Perfect for kiddies in this Christmas! You can also use this as decorations for Christmas tree! Ther’s nothing like some homemade candy cane for gifting too.