Do you like the Mexican Samosa? In this Christmas recipe, we will show you how to do a variant of such dish, shaped into a garland just in time for Christmas!
Preparation time 15 minutes, plus refrigeration
Cooking time 30 minutes
- 2 tubes crescent rolls
- 450 g skinless chorizo
- 200 g chicken, cooked and sliced into chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 230 g cream cheese
- 170 g Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 170 g Pepper Jack cheese, grated
- 1 pc small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup green red pepper, diced
- 3 pcs scallions, diced
- 2 pcs jalapenos, no seeds and diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 170 g water chestnuts, chopped
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet and cook the onion until semi-transparent.
2. Stir in the garlic and cook for one minute then add the chorizo and mix until cooked.
3. Mix the chorizo mixture and the cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Add all ingredients for the filling and mix well, then cover and refrigerate for one hour.
4. Arrange the crescent rolls in a circle: the wide parts overlie at the center, the pointy ends face outward.
5. Scoop the filling into the wide part of the dough, and then fold back the pointy end over it.
6. Bake the rolls in a preheated oven, 375 degrees, for 20 minutes or until set and golden.
You can decorate this Christmas dinner with basil leaves or cilantro stems and red peppers for a Christmas feel.