Here are the best collection of merry Christmas quotes and wishes for your cards and gift tags. Christmas is just around the corner and everyone’s probably busy setting up their home for the holiday – planning, decorating, and buying Christmas gifts for friends, co-workers and loved ones. With the busy schedule, you may probably find yourself short-handed and may not even have that much time to think about what to write on your greetings. No worries, with these merry Christmas quotes and sayings, you’ll probably come up with the best wordings that you need.
Share the good vibes and cheer of the holiday using these happy and merry Christmas quotes and Christmas wishes. We also included some of the famous merry Christmas quotes from iconic people like W.J. Cameron, Burton Hills, etc. Don’t forget to spread the cheer by sharing these collected Christmas quotes and merry Christmas sayings to your friends and loved ones.
Famous Merry Christmas Quotes
As mentioned earlier, many famous people has spoken inspirational Christmas quotes and messages. Some of the most notable ones are Charles Dickens, Cameron, and many more. Here, I’ve compiled the most popular merry Christmas quotes with some cards on them.
- He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. ~ Roy L. Smith
- Christmas is the gentlest, loveliest festival of the revolving year – and yet, for all that, when it speaks, its voice has strong authority. ~ W.J. Cameron
- ‘Twas Christmas broach’d the mightiest ale; ‘Twas Christmas told the merriest tale; A Christmas gambol oft could cheer; The poor man’s heart through half the year. ~ Walter Scott
- Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time. ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
- I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. ~ Charles Dickens
- For centuries men have kept an appointment with Christmas. Christmas means fellowship, feasting, giving and receiving, a time of good cheer, home. ~ W.J. Ronald Tucker
- As long as we know in our hearts what Christmas ought to be, Christmas is. ~ Eric Sevareid
- Christmas is not in tinsel and lights and outward show. The secret lies in an inner glow. It’s lighting a fire inside the heart. Good will and joy a vital part. It’s higher thought and a greater plan. It’s glorious dream in the soul of man. ~ Wilfred A. Peterson, The Art of Living
- Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love. ~ Hamilton Wright Mabie
- The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. ~ Burton Hillis
- Somehow, not only for Christmas, But all the long year through, the joy that you give to others, is the joy that comes back to you. And the more you spend in blessing, the poor and lonely and sad, the more of your heart’s possessing, returns to you glad. ~ John Greenleaf Whittier
Merry Christmas Quotes And Sayings
Greet your friends and loved ones a Merry Christmas with these joyous and merry Christmas quotes and sayings. We also include some good merry Christmas cards with quotes and wordings on them.
- Best of all, Christmas means a spirit of love, a time when the love of God and the love of our fellow men should prevail over all hatred and bitterness, a time when our thoughts and deeds and the spirit of our lives manifest the presence of God. ~ George F. McDougall
- When we were children we were grateful to those who filled our stockings at Christmas time. Why are we not grateful to God for filling our stockings with legs? ~ G.K. Chesterton
- Remember: This December, That love weighs more than gold! ~ Josephine Dodge Daskam Bacon
- Christmas is most truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most. ~ Ruth Carter Stapleton
- Christmas is for children. But it is for grown-ups too. Even if it is a headache, a chore, and nightmare, it is a period of necessary defrosting of chill and hide-bound hearts. ~Lenora Mattingly Weber
- I can understand people simply fleeing the mountainous effort Christmas has become… but there are always a few saving graces and finally they make up for all the bother and distress. ~ May Sarton
- Great little One! whose all-embracing birth; Lifts Earth to Heaven, stoops Heaven to Earth. ~ Richard Crashaw
- As long as we know in our hearts what Christmas ought to be, Christmas is. ~ Eric Sevareid
- Roses are reddish; Violets are bluish; If it weren’t for Christmas; We’d all be Jewish. ~ Benny Hill
Inspirational Merry Christmas Quotes
Brighten the season and inspire others with these inspirational Christmas quotes and wishes. We include some good and inspiring words of wisdom that will make you look at Christmas in different, good way.
- Be merry all, be merry all, With holly dress the festive hall; Prepare the song, the feast, the ball, To welcome merry Christmas. ~ William Robert Spencer
- I heard the bells on Christmas Day; their old familiar carols play, and wild and sweet the word repeat of peace on earth, good-will to men!” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas;
Soon the bells will start,
And the thing that will make them ring
Is the carol that you sing
Right within your heart.”
~ Meredith Willson,
- Christmas gift suggestions: to your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect.” ~ Oren Arnold
- Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas. ~ Peg Bracken
- “Christmas now surrounds us,
Happiness is everywhere
Our hands are busy with many tasks
As carols fill the air.”
~ Shirley Sallay
- “Each sight, each sound of Christmas
And fragrances sublime
Make hearts and faces happy
This glorious Christmastime.”
~ Carice Williams
- “I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month.” ~ Harlan Miller
- “Christmas is not just a time for festivity and merry making. It is more than that. It is a time for the contemplation of eternal things. The Christmas spirit is a spirit of giving and forgiving.” ~ J. C. Penney
- “I love the Christmas-tide, and yet,
I notice this, each year I live;
I always like the gifts I get,
But how I love the gifts I give!”
~ Carolyn Wells
Merry Christmas Quotes from Songs
Christmas songs are also a good source of Christmas quotes and wordings. In fact, many of the most beautiful Christmas quotes came from artists that have sung a beautiful song for Christmas. We also gathered some of few merry Christmas quotes from iconic and probably the most popular Christmas songs of all time.
- “Christmas won’t be the same without you. Christmas won’t be the same if you go. You’re all I need to see, standing by my Christmas tree. ‘Cause Christmas won’t be the same without you.” – Christmas Won’t be the Same Without You
- “Holidays are joyful, there’s always something new. But ev’ryday’s a holiday, when I’m near to you.” – Merry Christmas, Darling
- “Have yourself a merry little Christmas. Let your heart be light. From now on your troubles will be out of sight.” – Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
- “Good tidings we bring to you and your kin. We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.” – We Wish You a Merry Christmas
- “Joy to the world, the Lord is come, let earth receive her King.” – Joy to the World
- “It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas, toys in ev’ry store. But the prettiest sight to see, is the holly that will be on your own front door.” – It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
- “The mood is right, the spirits up. We’re here tonight and that’s enough. Simply having a wonderful Christmas time.” – Wonderful Christmas Time
- “Rocking around the Christmas tree, have a happy holiday. Everyone dancing merrily, in a new old-fashioned way.” – Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree
- “Christmas Eve will find me, where the lovelight gleams. I’ll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams.” – I’ll be Home for Christmas
- “What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace.” ~ Agnes M. Pharo
Merry Christmas Quotes for Cards
Christmas quotes can be a good Christmas card wording. Just choose from these self-written and carefully picked Merry christmas quotes and wishes.
- Peace be with you on this special Christmas day. Our wish for you is a day filled with the warmth of family and friends, laughter and joy. Our warmest wishes on this blessed day!
- Sending love and warmest regards on Christmas day. Hope your day is filled with great presents, loving family and immense love and joy. Have a blessed Christmas!
- Sending you an abundance of peace and joy from afar. Although we wish we could be near, we still send you lots of love and Christmas cheer. May it be an especially blessed day!
- May angels be beside you and bless this special day, with love and calm surrounding you, in a most auspicious way. We wish you a Christmas filled with an abundance of joy!
- On this day we celebrate love and peace with close ones. We remember those who can no longer be with us, and express our gratefulness to those who share in our joy. May your Christmas be filled with love from dear ones!
- Our wish to you on this wonderful day, is to experience love and joy, spent with the ones you hold dear, with peace and blessings on your way. Our warmest regards on Christmas day!
- May this holiday season bring you joy and peace, an abundance of good will and cheer, and may your time spent with family and friends bring warmth throughout your days. Have a happy Christmas!
Merry Christmas Wishes Quotes
- As Christmas is upon us, I wish to send your way, lots of love and warmest regards, on this blessed Christmas day. Happy Christmas!
- Santa and his helpers have worked hard all year, to bring a special person, some special Christmas cheer. Have a wonderful Christmas!
- Our Christmas wish to you is that you may experience the love and joy this day brings. Have a Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year!
- May peace, goodwill and hope be your beacons, today, and for all the days to follow. Merry Christmas!
- May your Christmas be filled with joy, content, hope and love. Merry Christmas from our house to yours!
- It’s that special time of year, when Santa Claus is near. Put out the cookies and milk, and try not to peak! We wish you a Jolly Merry Christmas!
- As friends and family share their love, among sparkly lights and tree, May the love and peace of this time, fill your day with harmony. Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year!
- Have a holly jolly Christmas, for it’s the best time of the year! May your Christmas be filled with magic, and so too your whole year! Merry Christmas!
- On this starry night, with lights so bright, we wish you plenty of cheer, well into the New Year! Merry Christmas!
- May your day be as merry and bright, as your presence has been in our lives. With all our love. Merry Christmas!
- Until one feels the spirit of Christmas, there is no Christmas. All else is outward display–so much tinsel and decorations. For it isn’t the holly, it isn’t the snow. It isn’t the tree not the firelight’s glow. It’s the warmth that comes to the hearts of men when the Christmas spirit returns again.” ~ Unknown
We hope that these merry Christmas quotes and wordings help you come up with the best choice of Christmas greetings. You can copy some of these and partner with your own Christmas wordings. The thing is, with these quotes about Christmas, you might be able to get some inspiration. And that’s it. We wish you a merry Christmas!