Holidayseason is coming so as the cold breeze, chillin’ us at times. Give your family the joy of eating a nice warm stew during a cold Christmas Eve – a tasty vegetable beef stew recipe to express the warmth of your love.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 6 hours and 20 minutes
- 1 kg beef for stew, diced (1 inch)
- 2 pcs beef broth cubes
- ¼ cup red wine
- 3 ½ tbsp tapioca
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3 pcs potatoes, cubed
- 300 g green peas, thawed
- 800 g stewed tomatoes with juice
- 4 pcs carrots, sliced
- 1/8 tsp thyme, dried
- 1/8 tsp marjoram, dried
- 3 pcs onions, chopped
- 1/8 tsp rosemary, dried
Recipe for vegetable beef stew
1. Combine the beef, tapioca, potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, onions and celery in a Dutch oven.
2. Add the broth cubes, marjoram, thyme and rosemary, then pour the red wine and stir. Cover with lid.
3. Bake the stew in a preheated oven, 250 degrees, for around 5-6 hours. Put in the green peas during the last 30 minutes of cooking.