Every kid wants to empty the cookie jar. This Christmas, indulge everyone with this special recipe – cookies that look like snowballs for the kids and the kids-at-heart.
Makes 4 dozen cookies
Preparation time 45 minutes
Cooking time 25 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
Snow Cookies Recipe
1. Grease two baking sheets with butter. Sift the salt and flour on to a wax paper. Beat the sugar and butter in a medium-sized bowl until light and fluffy, then add the vanilla.
2. Add the flour mixture to the butter mix, and then add the pecans and mix using a wooden spoon.
3. Powder your hands with the confectioner’s sugar and pick up the batter, rolling them into one-inch balls.
4. Put the balls on the baking sheets two inches apart from each other, then bake in a preheated oven, 325 degrees, for 25 minutes or until light brown.
5. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before rolling in confectioner’s sugar.
- Keep the cookies in an airtight container. They are good until up to two weeks.
- Do not freeze the cookies.