Christmas is probably an all-time favorite holiday of the year. People celebrate this day in different ways. While some may go abroad or travel to holiday destinations, some just snuggle and watch Christmas movies as they sip some hot chocolate. That’s kinda a tradition for many, especially those who are taking advantage of being away from work. A time to relax, bond with family and enjoy the season.
There are so many Christmas movies to pick. Sometimes, we may even give a ton of Christmas movies a go and watch-ton them. Among these Christmas movies, we can find some notable lines and quotes. We listed down here some of the most iconic Christmas quotes from famous Christmas movies.
Top 10 Christmas Movie Quotes
Here is my list of top 10 Christmas movies quotes. I personally like them and I think they deserve to be on these top position. While some may sound cheesy, some are really hilarious and funny. I also include some images to match up with these Christmas movies quotes.
- “That’s what Christmas memories are made from. They’re not planned; they’re not scheduled. Nobody puts them in their blackberry. They just happen.” — Deck The Halls (2006)
- “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.” — Elf (2003)
- “Oh, Christmas isn’t just a day, it’s a frame of mind.” — Miracle On 34th Street (1947)
- “It’s Christmas Eve. It’s the one night of the year when we all act a little nicer, we smile a little easier, we cheer a little more. For a couple of hours out of the whole year, we are the people that we always hoped we would be.” — Scrooged (1998)
- “I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year.” — A Christmas Carol (2009)
- “Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas…perhaps means a little bit more!” – How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)
- “Christmas was on its way. Lovely, glorious, beautiful Christmas, upon which the entire kid year revolved.” — Adult Ralphie from A Christmas Story” (1983)
- “I believe, I believe. It’s silly but I believe.” — Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
- “Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see.” — The Polar Express
- “Christmas is just about my favorite time. Ever since I was a little kid, I always felt like it was my own personal holiday.” — Ernest Saves Christmas (1988)
Funny Christmas Movie Quotes
Of course, who would forget those hilarious movie lines from popular Christmas movies like National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Home alone, A charlie brown Christmas and many more! Here I compiled the funniest Christmas quotes from movies that will surely make your smile at least.
- “Merry Christmas, you filthy animal.” – Home Alone 2: Lost in New York” (1992)
- “You’re skipping Christmas! Isn’t that against the law?” — (Spike Frohmeyer )Christmas With The Kranks(2004)
- Scrooge (Michael Caine): “Let us deal with the eviction notices for tomorrow, Mr Cratchit.”
Kermit: “Uh, tomorrow’s Christmas, sir.”
Scrooge: “Very well. You may gift wrap them.”
— The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)
- “Blast this Christmas music. It’s joyful and triumphant.” — The Grinch
- “Merry Christmas, movie house! Merry Christmas, Emporium! Merry Christmas, you wonderful old Building and Loan!” — It’s a Wonderful Life (1946)
- Crook One: “I’m going to buy them their Christmas turkey.”
Crook Two: “Buy? Do you really mean ‘buy’?”
Crook One: “Yes, buy! In the Spirit of Christmas. The hard part’s going to be stealing the money to pay for it.”
— (Humphrey Bogart)We’re No Angels (1955).
- “They can’t evict you on Christmas! Then you’d be ho-ho-homeless!” — (Desmond Askew) Go (1999)
- “I gotta tell you, Santa, there’s something about this place that doesn’t seem quite… Kosher.” – (Arnold Schwarzenegger) Jingle All The Way (1996)
- “Look, Charlie, let’s face it. We all know that Christmas is a big commercial racket. It’s run by a big Eastern syndicate, you know.” — (Lucy Van Pelt) A Charlie Brown Christmas” (1965)
All-time Favorite Christmas Movie Quotes
- “Just remember, the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart.” -The Polar Express (2004)
- “I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It’s not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love.” -A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)
- “If you look for it, I’ve got a sneaky feeling you’ll find that love is actually all around” — Love Actually (2003)
- “This is extremely important. Will you please tell Santa that instead of presents this year, I just want my family back.” — Home Alone (1990)
- “Look, Daddy. Teacher says, every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings.” — It’s a Wonderful Life (1946)
- “Arthur! Christmas is not a time for emotion!” — Hugh Laurie in Arthur Christmas (2011)
- “Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas!” — (Ebenezer Scrooge)A Christmas Carol (1938)
- “Another crisis solved. Yeah, there sure are a lot here. Well, all families start to come together. We always get together at Christmas. Yeah, life would just pass in a blur if it wasn’t for times like this.” — A Muppet Family Christmas (1987)
Famous Christmas Movie Quotes
- “You have such a pretty face, you should be on a Christmas card.” — Elf
- “I’ll just be hanging around the mistletoe, waiting to be kissed.” — Mia, Love Actually
- “It’s Christmas Eve and we are going to go celebrate being young and being alive.” — Miles, The Holiday
- “I myself believe that when it comes to matters of the heart, the only sin is turning your back on love because of what other people think. “— Holiday, Holiday Heart
- “Isn’t there anyone who knows what Christmas is all about?” — Charlie Brown, A Charlie Brown Christmas
- “Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to.” — Doris Walker, Miracle on 34th Street
- “I planned out our whole day: First, we’ll make snow angels for two hours, and then we’ll go ice skating, and then we’ll eat a whole roll of Toll-House cookie dough as fast as we can, and then we’ll snuggle.” — Buddy, Elf
- “It’s Christmas Eve and we are going to go celebrate being young and being alive.” — The Holiday (2006).
- “There’s children throwing snowballs,
Instead of throwing heads.
They’re busy building toys,
And absolutely no one’s dead!”
— The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
More Popular Quotes from Christmas Movies
- “I don’t think anyone would criticise us for laying down our rifles on Christmas Eve.” — Joyeux Noël (2005).
- Mayor: “How horrible our Christmas will be!”
Jack: “No… How jolly.”
Mayor: “Oh. How jolly our Christmas will be!”
—(The Pumpkin King)The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
- “Rats. Nobody sent me a Christmas card today. I almost wish there weren’t a holiday season. I know nobody likes me. Why do we have to have a holiday season to emphasize it?” — Charlie Brown from A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)
- “A sequel. That’s it. We’ll bring it out on March 25, and we’ll call it … Christmas 2!” — B.Z. (John Lithgow) Santa Claus: The Movie” (1985
- We’re kicking off our fun old-fashion family Christmas by heading out into the country in the old front-wheel-drive sleigh to embrace the frosty majesty of the winter landscape and select that most important of Christmas symbols.” — Clark Griswold (Chevy Chase) “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” (1989)
- “You stink. You smell like beef and cheese, you don’t smell like Santa.” –Buddy the Elf
- “And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, ‘Fear not: for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.’ And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, ‘Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.'” — Linus Van Pelt from A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)